Skip to main content

Suing Costco?

Miami, FL |

Went to North Miami's COSTCO couple days ago, greet guy stepped by me in the entrance and asked me for my membership card, I told him I didnt got one, he says I had to leave, I said how can I buy the membership card if I cant enter the store? He just said I could not enter... I left the place with my wife and my lil 4 yo daughter feeling really upset and offended... Can I sue Costco?

Attorney Answers 3


What would you sue for?

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


No. You can't sue -- at least not successfully. . Try again another day; try a different door at the store; try a different branch of the store; or join on-line.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Unfortunately, you have given no circumstances or facts that indicate any type of discrimination or rights violations occurred. You can sue whomever you want but, in this case, would be unsuccessful.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics