Sue for wrongful accusations

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakeport, CA

In January I posted a question about an eviction that took place on tribal land where arrests took place for trespassing and obstruction of justice. All the charges were dropped and the statement I made about the tribal police chief not being sanctioned by the Bureau of Indian Affairs - Federally commissioned office. He is now being investigated for impersonating a federal officer and I feel I should sue. Any input will help

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

6

Answered . You should consult with counsel to review your options as to any legal remedies or causes of actions you might have an how much it might cost to pursue them.

2. Aalok Sikand

5

Answered . It sounds like this person has defamed you and perhaps the Bureau of Indian Affairs was negligent to a degree. I need a lot more facts to see the strength of your case. Best of luck to you.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

6

Answered . You really need to sit down with an attorney. This seems like a very complicated situation that would take a while to sort out.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . Was the eviction set aside or did it stand? Are we just talking about a civil rights action, more info is needed. Best of luck.

Pro

5

Answered . You should really consult with a local tribal law attorney.