Skip to main content

Subsidized/Rent regulated HUD housing and income

New York, NY |

I was wondering if you live in some sort of rent regulated building and you are getting a lawsuit that is way under 20k would this mean you have to move because you have a higher income? Also, if you countersuit a landlord and win $$ and your income is now different does that mean you have to move? I know it is an increase of income but it seems like its odvious once bills are paid etc it wont be a monthly income coming in but I need to make sure. Thanks

Attorney Answers 1


Need to determine whether the income you report is your taxable income and whether the money you receive from the lawsuit is taxable. Normally, money recovered from an accident lawsuit is not taxable income.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics