Subpoenaed for court: Charges for first degree robbery

Seattle, WA |

I was a main witness in a first degree robbery crime. I am subpoenaed for court, but I have no idea what the court will look like. Will I have to speak on what I witnessed in front of the defendants, and will there be a jury?

Yes and yes.

You need to ask those questions to the attorney who subpoenaed you.

Maybe - depending if the case is resolved with a trial (which often is the case). If the trial goes forth you will be required to testify if you are called to the stand by the attorney. Most criminal cases are via jury trial, but sometimes the jury is waived & it is heard before the judge. You should call the attorney who subpeonaed you & discuss these questions

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.