Student visa after visitor visa

Asked 9 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

I have a valid visitor visa for US its a 10 year multiple entry visa, now my question is that I am going to Las Vegas in march 2015 to with my friends from India. I also want to apply for a student visa and want to study there. My question is that if i apply for admissions in dec and get admitted in jan/feb and then apply for a student visa for next year fall that is sep 2015 what will i say because i also have plans to go on a tourist trip to las vegas in march15?
And when i go in march and come back in 1-2 months as i also will be visiting some relatives in los angles please advise me what to do and whats the way out here?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

Answered . It is much easier to apply for (and obtain) an F-1 visa at the same consulate that trusted you and issued you a 10 year visitor's visa than it is to file an application to change your status with USCIS in the U.S. Act and plan accordingly.

2. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

5

Answered . Your question is incomplete and unclear. Preliminary, you do not say when you entered the US and how long your were given to stay as a visitor. Second, If you are travelling to Las Vegas and your status is still valid, you do not need to apply for an extension. You only need to file an application if your status is about to expire or you want to change to a different status, such as student. Additionally, if you want to travel and visit while you are a student, you may do so as long as it is during vacations and it does not interfere with your attendance of a full course of study.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

4

Answered . You overcomplicate things. Just live your life and don't misrepresent when dealing with the US Consulate. There is no magic formula and, please, don't expect lawyers to teach you what to say if it's not going to be true. .

4. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . Simply put, you should not come to the U.S. on a tourist visa with intent to change to a student visa.