Student Loan Help

Chicago, IL |

Hello, my name is [removed]. I went to [removed] in 2007. I took out an estimated $24,000 in student loans with Sallie Mae. In 2009 I stopped paying all of my student loans. I defaulted with [removed]. [removed] sold my loans to various companies all over the country. Is there a way to securely locate all of my loans? I would also like to confirm that these companies are legitimate companies that actually have the loans [removed] sold them, I say this because I have had multiple companies claiming that they have my debt but they do not.

1. Simply ask for proof of debt. Do not acknowledge, demand proof of debt

2. Please do not post personal information in any public forum, including this one. hopefully Avvo will edit your post or take it down completely.

3. You might want to start by pulling your credit report and contacting all of the student lenders that appear on your report.

The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an ongoing duty to respond to questions. It is intended to be solely the educated opinion of the author and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Some responses may be advertising material. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the inquiring person and additional or differing facts might change the response. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the state of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the inquiring party should consult a local attorney for specific answers and advice. Answering this question does not create a duty to keep information confidential, nor does it prevent me from representing an adverse party. Advertising Materials.

Education law topics