Student Loan Help

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

Hello, my name is [removed]. I went to [removed] in 2007. I took out an estimated $24,000 in student loans with Sallie Mae. In 2009 I stopped paying all of my student loans. I defaulted with [removed]. [removed] sold my loans to various companies all over the country. Is there a way to securely locate all of my loans? I would also like to confirm that these companies are legitimate companies that actually have the loans [removed] sold them, I say this because I have had multiple companies claiming that they have my debt but they do not.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Simply ask for proof of debt. Do not acknowledge, demand proof of debt

  2. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Please do not post personal information in any public forum, including this one. hopefully Avvo will edit your post or take it down completely.

  3. Tara Leigh Goodwin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You might want to start by pulling your credit report and contacting all of the student lenders that appear on your report.

    The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,189 answers this week

2,912 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,189 answers this week

2,912 attorneys answering