Student Loan Help

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

Hello, my name is [removed]. I went to [removed] in 2007. I took out an estimated $24,000 in student loans with Sallie Mae. In 2009 I stopped paying all of my student loans. I defaulted with [removed]. [removed] sold my loans to various companies all over the country. Is there a way to securely locate all of my loans? I would also like to confirm that these companies are legitimate companies that actually have the loans [removed] sold them, I say this because I have had multiple companies claiming that they have my debt but they do not.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Simply ask for proof of debt. Do not acknowledge, demand proof of debt

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . Please do not post personal information in any public forum, including this one. hopefully Avvo will edit your post or take it down completely.

3. Tara Leigh Goodwin

Answered . You might want to start by pulling your credit report and contacting all of the student lenders that appear on your report.