Student financial aid loans i can't afford to pay due to long unemployment..

Buford, GA |

hello i have a problem with student financial loans total about $55000 i have applied for economic hardship or unemployment hardship many times but about $3000 interests be added to that account at sallie mae every 6 months. i'm still unemployed but can't afford to pay $382 a month at the beginning of next month but i don't want to get an increase of interests if i will apply for it again i just wonder if a lawyer can help me delete all or some interests or suggest me any idea? i never been in bankrupticy before.. i have no experience with debit issue i don't even know how to handle debit issue.. i need a lawyer help if you leave your phone number for me so i can cantact you?

1. Bankruptcy generally does not absolve you from student loan responsibility. Unfortunately, you signed the contract, and that interest is not going to go anywhere. I would recommend looking into income based repayment. That program probably makes the most sense for you.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

2. As you live in Buford, Georgia and probably low-income, I would suggest that contact Gwinnett Legal Aid in Lawrenceville, Georgia for assistance. They may suggest other options for you after reviewing your case.

Education law topics