Skip to main content

Strong Armed Robbery in Mississippi?

Greenwood, MS |

Will be charged as an adult. Was already on probation and violated probation by committing this crime. Over $100 was stolen so that makes it a felony. What is the minimum/maximum sentence for this? Could he possibly get probation again? What would be a possible plea bargain?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


SEC. 97-3-75. Robbery; penalty.

Every person convicted of robbery shall be punished by imprisonment in the penitentiary for a term not more than fifteen years.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160


You have some serious charges and face a lot of consequences on both the new case and the probation case. Go interview and retain a good lawyer to fight the charges and possibly work out a good disposition of the case.


I practice criminal law in VA not MS, but all of the questions you have asked are good and relevant questions that anyone anywhere charged with this offense, or a family member of someone facing these charges, would ask. However, to properly answer your questions requires a close examination of the facts of his case, as well as other aggravating/mitigating factors, prior record, and a host of other things.

He needs to sit with a local criminal defense attorney who can analyze his case and offer advice on how to proceed and what to expect.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


In Mississippi, robbery without the use of a deadly weapon carries up to 15 years. If a deadly weapon (knife, gun, etc.) the minimum sentence is 3 years up to a maximum of life (if set by the jury). The amount stolen doesn't matter. If he were to plead guilty or be found guilty, his probation would be revoked by operation of law and he would most likely have to serve out his original suspended sentence (but it can be modified by the judge). It would be very unlikely to get probation for a charge like this without already being on probation; thus, I would not count on such an offer in this case. Please consult a criminal defense attorney immediately because it is a serious charge.

William Starks answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If my answer was helpful, please indicate so. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Starks at 662-327-6744 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


He needs an attorney NOW

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer