Store manager looking into my dressing room while i was trying on clothes. Can anything be done?

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

My husband noticed also and came over to ask if i was ok. At that point we discovered that the he not only looked in but could see much more then we thought. My husband is 6'2 and was able to see my whole body image perfectly through the reflection of the mirror over the top of the door. That means that anyone over 6 feet tall can see easily see everything with no effort. We filled a complaint over the phone and they said they did not believe the store manager had done it purposely and offered to give me a gift card for my troubles and asked that i use it asap. She also asked if i had a spoken to a lawyer. As a store manager myself i know everything that happens in my building. I find it very hard to believe that he did not know he could see everything by just looking over the door.

Duplicate question. See my answer to the other question.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Asked and answered. Retain a lawyer and get appropriate legal advice.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes