Stolen nude pictures of my iphone

Asked almost 4 years ago - Lake Jackson, TX

My phone was lost/stolen on vacation in san Antonio. After my husband texted the person to say we have a tracker on our phone, he mailed it back to us. I have pictures on there taken of me right after breast surgery. In the pic I am topless. This person emailed these pictures to his email address before he gave the phone back. Is there any legal action I can take?

Additional information

How would I know if it was given to some one else? I'm sure he has but I can't prove that. I can prove that he had my phone, he sent a viocemail and the envelope with his returned address. Also the pic was sent via iphone at the time when he had the phone

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If the pictures get sent to a third party, then yes.

    Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . My recommendation is to retain an attorney now, today, before anything happens, to send this clown a cease and desist correspondence reminding him that if the pictures go any further and are not deleted that he will be hearing more from the attorney. Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

    The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

    Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

    I truly wish you the best.

    If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,984 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,984 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering