Stole beforein florid got a diversion program now in Va.workin for JCP got charge for petit larceny can I get jail or deversion?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chesapeake, VA

I got the diversion program once in florida now I have a charge of petty Larson here in Virginia working for JCP wrote a statement to the stolen items I retuned with no recite.worth 56 $. And took 2 dresses woth 28 $ Also let a fellow employ not pay for all items lik 50 $. And in jan did a retun fo items I bought chep and got back lik 100 $. I have4 kids need to prepare if I go to jail. Wat can I do at this point when I go to court? Its a diffrent state can I get deverision 1st offence or am I looking at jail time.

1. James Donald Garrett

2

Best Answer

Answered . Virginia doesn't have a general diversion program. Some judges in some jurisdictions may allow for some alternative disposition, but you are not going to have a chance of being considered without an attorney. Contact a lawyer and talk with them about your case.

Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Your prior diversion program in Florida, IF successfully completed, should have resulted in the absence of any criminal history. Now with the present charge, it is impossible to opine whether you qualify for a VA diversion or get jail time, without actually working on your case and reviewing the evidence.
    If you want a better chance for your future, retain a local criminal counsel. If you do not care, continue doing what you are doing.