Skip to main content

Stole beforein florid got a diversion program now in Va.workin for JCP got charge for petit larceny can I get jail or deversion?

Chesapeake, VA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I got the diversion program once in florida now I have a charge of petty Larson here in Virginia working for JCP wrote a statement to the stolen items I retuned with no recite.worth 56 $. And took 2 dresses woth 28 $ Also let a fellow employ not pay for all items lik 50 $. And in jan did a retun fo items I bought chep and got back lik 100 $. I have4 kids need to prepare if I go to jail. Wat can I do at this point when I go to court? Its a diffrent state can I get deverision 1st offence or am I looking at jail time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Virginia doesn't have a general diversion program. Some judges in some jurisdictions may allow for some alternative disposition, but you are not going to have a chance of being considered without an attorney. Contact a lawyer and talk with them about your case.

Good luck.

Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


Your prior diversion program in Florida, IF successfully completed, should have resulted in the absence of any criminal history. Now with the present charge, it is impossible to opine whether you qualify for a VA diversion or get jail time, without actually working on your case and reviewing the evidence.
If you want a better chance for your future, retain a local criminal counsel. If you do not care, continue doing what you are doing.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer