Stole :/

Asked 11 months ago - Cornelius, OR

Stole a hairbrush at Claire's, only got caught cause the girl that worked there hated me from high school, she told me if i give it to her she wouldn't call the cops, she did anyway and now Im 18 and live on my own and are going to court, never been in any legal trouble before.

1. Justin N Rosas

Pro

4

Answered . First, do not post details including confessions in public forums. Who knows what problems the State might have with the case but those problems get diminished every time you confess. You should either retain an attorney or ask for a court appointed attorney when you go to court. They will be able to review the evidence and advise you the best course of action going forward - to fight the case or resolve it. Counsel is right about the possibility of a diversion program to keep this off your record. That would need to be followed up by an expungement of the arrest/citation process. Breathe a little bit, be deliberate and ask for an attorney. Best of luck to you!

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . You'll get a public defender appointed if you can't afford one. Try to get a diversion program to avoid a conviction. Worse case scenario is likely probation, not jail.