Still waiting for my money

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I agreed a settlement for a lease buyout 8 months ago, and then my lawyer sent me another bill after that and I queried these very high ambiguous charges. He said this is charge for work that they do, no further details. I queried it again but he is not answering me or my questions about the unexplained charges and he still has my settlement money after all this time. I have no signed the release form because of this crazy final bill we cannot agree on.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . If you have not signed the release then you have not triggered your adversary's obligation to pay the settlement.

Pro

5

Answered . You can query and query until you are blue in the face, but the release would need to be signed if you want a settlement.

3. Lee Alan Thompson

3

Answered . Until the release is signed, there will be no settlement money coming. Ask for an itemized statement from the attorney and I'm assuming you signed an attorney-client contract. Compare it to the statement.