Steps to take by withholding or removal status (A10) if immigration reform gets approved?

Hallandale, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

If an immigration reform gets approved on 2013, do A10 Withholding of removal holders, need to apply in front of an immigration Judge with a motion to reopen and reconsider or can they apply directly to immigration offices?
I obtained my withholding of removal on 2000, i didnt get asylum because of the one year deadline.
I dont have a criminal record.
I am anxiouly waiting for an immigration reform, and my hopes are very high in 2013.
I kow that if it gets approved it will come with specifications.
I just need to know the most likely scenario.
Q: If it gets approved, most likely can i adjust like everyone else, or will i have to get a motion to reopen and reconsider?
I am also looking for a good lawyer for when the time comes, with experience in motions to reopen.
God bless your advices.

You are asking for crystal ball predictions on what will happen. A comprehensive bill has not yet even been introduced. In any event, assuming you will still need to obtain any new relief which may become available in the future, you want your case calendared for additional relief, not reopened. Reopening can vacate your grant of withholding of removal. When the time comes (hopefully), consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can help you determine what benefits, if any, you are eligible for and the best way to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

2. We won't know the answer to your question until there is such reform.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

3. You are asking us to speculate on a law that hasn't been passed yet.

Sorry, my crystal ball is out being polished.

Please don't be offended by my joke, I'm merely pointing out that it is impossible to predict what the new state of affairs will be ..... IF a Comprehensive Immigration Reform law passes.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. it is impossible to speculate, hopefully if and when something does come out, they will provide us with the details of scenarios.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.