Skip to main content

Steps in the application process for family based Permanent resident

Indianapolis, IN |

I am trying to apply for spouse based PR greencard, what are the steps in order for doing so? What are the numbers of the forms I should file in order? because I know some forms need to be sent first.

Please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Generally, the process includes simultaneously filing Forms I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 and G-325, along with various supporting documents such as photographs, medical examination, copies of divorce decree(s), marriage certificate, birth certificates(s), sponsor's proof of income/employment, etc. Not everyone is eligible to file a form I-131. Some information about the forms and the process can be found on the USCIS website: Since errors can cause substantial delays and even more significant problems, if you need additional information it would be wise to consult with an immigration attorney.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 *

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer