Steps in the application process for family based Permanent resident

Indianapolis, IN |

I am trying to apply for spouse based PR greencard, what are the steps in order for doing so? What are the numbers of the forms I should file in order? because I know some forms need to be sent first.

Please help

Generally, the process includes simultaneously filing Forms I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 and G-325, along with various supporting documents such as photographs, medical examination, copies of divorce decree(s), marriage certificate, birth certificates(s), sponsor's proof of income/employment, etc. Not everyone is eligible to file a form I-131. Some information about the forms and the process can be found on the USCIS website: www.uscis.gov. Since errors can cause substantial delays and even more significant problems, if you need additional information it would be wise to consult with an immigration attorney.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce