Stepped on a nail in stairwell where I live,in april 2011.I asked around&was told it was too late&my case was small fry.Really?

Asked about 2 years ago - Newark, NJ

An ambulance was called which took me to the hospital as I couldn't walk.Being a luxury apt complex,the security detail was sent to take pictures of my foot(three times),it happened on the tenth floor,while i stay on the fourth floor.Being a new perm resident,I thought i was wrong&felt intimidated but I refused the pics.
A year later armed with my medical report&x-rays,i sought to sue,asked around and was told my case was small fry for personal injury lawyers and that it was late,until i found this site.Really? Please how do I proceed,thank-you.

1. 10

Answered . In New Jersey the statute of limitations for personal injury actions is two years. In essence you need three things to have a good personal injury case: (1) damages; (2) liability; (3) and a party able to pay. The apartment complex would unquestionably have insurance. It does not appear from your post that you have actually spoken to any personal injury attorneys. Conduct a search of attorneys in your area and make sure you are prepared to answer questions in great detail about the incident. It would also be helpful if you had your medical records as well.

2. 9

1

Answered . You are correct, it is not too late to file a case. You have 2 years from the date of the accident. If several lawyers turned you down, it is likely that the case either has liability problems or you injuries were not significant enough to qualify for an award. Did you suffer any permanent injuries? Has this changed your life in any way? if it was a minor puncture wound and you were out of the hospital the same day and had no further treatment, it is likely that the case is not worth enough for a lawyer to invest his time.
    You may want to file the case yourself. It is very possible that the apartment complex would just settle the case for a few thousand dollars to avoid litigation.

3. 8

Answered . If private entity you have 2 year statute of limitations in New Jersey. Every case has essential elements of proof - liability and damages. If you e gotten a few opinions from qualified attorneys I'm sorry to say that not every case has a remedy.

4. 6

Best Answer

Answered . Get a free consult with a lawyer locally, and perhaps try small claims court if you cant find an atty.

5. 6

Answered . The statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of injury. Retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of any settlement, not the lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com