Staying beyond the denial date due to newborn travel documents not ready

Des Plaines, IL |

Hi I had filed an L1B to L1A conversion visa . My L1B and I94 expired on 18 Oct 2012. Today I got following update on my petition.

On January 12, 2013, the review of your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was completed. You will be notified of the decision by mail. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case, including when the decision is mailed. If you have not received the decision within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance

I am assuming that it is a denial and I would get the notice soon. The problem is that I have a newborn baby born on dec 18 and to travel I need her passport and SSN to be ready which is going to take some time.
If I stay what options do I have

1. Just be sure you leave within 180 days of October 18, 2012.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.