Stay in USA on L1b and h1b

Asked over 1 year ago - Norristown, PA

Hi team, i stayed in usa on L1b visa on 42 months (2006-2010-18months, nov-2010-dec-2012- 24months). i got my h1b stamped and enter usa on 5th-march-2013. 1. so how long i can stay in usa on my new h1b? 2. when i was on vaction for 3months (dec - feb)m my payroll is running in usa(when i was in L1B). So i enter in usa again on h1b now. so my employeer need to any payroll changes related to h1b?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . it is a simple math: 6 years = 72 months. You used 42 months. You are allowed to utilize additional 32 months. Divide it by 12 you will get the years = 2 years and 10 months. The paperwork issues you need to take up with the employer and better yet his or her immigration attorney who handled the visa application.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . You can remain in the USA in H-1B status for the duration of the validity of the LCA attached to our H-1B. The visa and I-94 will "mirror" that LCA's expiration date.

By law, your employer needs to abide by the wage conditions he committed to when signing the LCA and other attestations and thus pay you the agreed on prevailing wage , with you as a full employee on payroll.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . H-1Bs have a statutory maximum of six years and L-1 time counts against that maximum.