Stay after L1A visa rejection

Boston, MA |

I had applied for L1A visa and visa request has been denied. I am completing 5 years on L1B on 10th-Aug (includes vacation time). Can I stay for another week after 10th Aug (to wrap up things here) and then travel back.

Also, how soon I can reapply for visa.

Please suggest.

Yes you can.

It depends on what type of visa you intend to apply for, and why your L-1A visa was denied.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Probably yes. You will be out of status though. Change to B2 if you need some time to wrap things up.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration