Statute of limitations on contesting wills

Asked over 4 years ago - Boulder, CO

Does the state of Colorado place limits on the time someone is allowed to contest a will?

Randall thanks but I was hoping to learn what the time limit is for someone to contest a will. The will in question was probated 3 years ago, I need to know what the Colorado statute of limitations is for someone to contest the will?

1. Answered . In Utah it is 3 years. I don't know what it is in Colorado. If you "Google" this question, you might find out: "Within how many years after decedent's death must the will be probated in Colorado." If that doesn't get you the answer you're looking for, find a listing of Colorado attorneys that handle probate cases and call a few of them. Usually, a legal secretary or paralegal in the office will be able to answer a simple question like this.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now