Statute of limitations on back child support in mi

Asked about 4 years ago - Ann Arbor, MI

My son is 31 years old i just recieved a letter saying i owe a very very large sum for back child support. my ex wife had excused the arrearges many years ago. tell me what to do.
thank you

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Thomas A. White

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You need to call an attorney as soon as possible. The statute of limitations is generally ten years. However, it is important that you act quickly because if you make payments or allow a new child support order to be entered then the ten years runs from that date.

    My office is in Belleville. I would be happy to help you but you must act quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,048 answers this week

3,148 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,048 answers this week

3,148 attorneys answering