Statute of Limitations (Criminal) What is the statute of limitations on a 1m/assult

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

okay this person did the crime back in 1989 served some time and got good time for that but was also supposed to do probation for one year and did not.Has been pulled over a couple of time and never told there was a warrant for his arrest.Now, in 2013 he was pulled over and told he has a warrant out of Ohio and taken to jail.What can be done if anything he currently is in another state living now well arrested now ,will they take him back to Ohio?

1. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

5

Answered . Although, I do not practice in Ohio, I am fairly confident that there is no statute of limitations on probation revocations. He will have to take care of the Ohio warrant.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . Like Mr. Luna, I do not practice law in the State of Ohio. That said, I have never heard of a statute of limitations applying when it comes to a probation revocation. They may indeed take him back to Ohio. He needs a criminal defense attorney to deal with this!

3. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.