Status Adjustment (i485):

Asked 11 months ago - San Francisco, CA

Actually we had an interview for our i485 application yesterday. It was good and everything went well. At the end of interview , interviewer told us that they will issue my visa once they recieved my petition. What does that mean? My petition(i130) is already aprroved and we took our i130 approval notice and the letter from the NVC at the interview. And we showed to her. Do we have to do anything on this situation? we are totally confused. Also i have the aproval notice for my i130, i765,i131. She said that my petition was filed in one location and i485 was filed in other location. So, she was saying, they have transfer the petition to the San francisco field office where we had the interview. So, do we have to request to transfer file or they will do internally? If yes how to request.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Best Answer

Answered . It means that everything should be ok, just be patient.

2. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

Answered . The two files (petition and I-485) have to be merged. You were likely interviewed on a temporary (T) file. You may want to retain the services of an immigration lawyer to assure that the case progresses smoothly.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . You are not to do anything except be a little patient and follow up after 30 days if you do not get the transfer notice in mail or you do not hear anything from the Department regarding you application.