STATUE OF LIMITATIONS A CHILD CAN FILE FOR PATERNITY IN CT AND CAN MY ASSETS AND INCOME BE USED TO CALCULATE BACK OWED SUPPORT?

My fiance has an estranged child living and born in CT. His name is not on birth certificate. When the child was 1 the mother told him to stay away. Can my assets and income be used to calculate any backed owed support should he and I ever marry? How far back can that go? Can I guard against being subject to any legal action should that day ever come where paternity is established via a prenuptial agreement? We have 2 children together and I want to protect their having to share my assets with this estranged child. I have my own investments and property all in my name at this point. We live in MA.

Hartford, CT -

Virginia Giselle Alvarez

Virginia Giselle Alvarez

Family Law Attorney - New York, NY

This is complex. If your fiancé wants a relationship with this child he should speak to local counsel.