State Prosecutor yelled at me in meeting at the Court, intimidated me and influenced my plea

Canton, MI |

Hello, when I explained very politely and professionally to the state prosecutor in the private meeting at 35th District Court in Plymouth MI that the police stop was illegal, since the alleged defective equipment was not broken (according to the police supervisor who voided the broken headlight ticket) the state prosecutor started yelling at me and told me to get out and wait for 6 hours at the end of the line, even though I was among the first in line. His attitude terrified me, subsequently influencing my guilty plea for a no proof of insurance.

1. So, what exactly do you want to know?

You plead guilty. That means you have very few, if any options.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. Your only option is to hire a local attorney to try and void your plea. The odds of this being successful are not high.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

3. The State Prosecutor's tactics WORKED.
    You plead GUILTY.
    That's your problem now.
    You should have told prosecutor to grow up and plead NOT GUILTY.
    You can file a complaint with the MI State Bar Grievance Committee.
    ALSO---HIRE an attorney (like you should have in the FIRST PLACE)
    to try to APPEAL this. Your chances are not that good. What are your
    grounds of APPEAL? That the prosecutor SCARED you?
    That's how these clowns act all the time. Attorneys deal with these
    idiots all the time. Good luck! See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.