State of WV...charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substance. No criminal record.

Franklin, WV |

My 19 year old sister was arrested for conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance...prescription pills. I am unsure of the amount. She didn't have them on her..she was someone that did from what I understand. She has never been in trouble in her student...decorated with awards and such. She needs punished so she will NEVER do something so stupid again but what are the chances of her getting probation, short stint or even rehab?

Your sister is innocent until proven guilty. Here you've already convicted her and given her a jail or prison sentence without any further facts. If she is guilty she has a lot in her favor to avoid jail time. Conspiracy to distribute controlled substance is a serious offense. She herself needs to contact a local experienced defense attorney to discuss her case and decide what she should do next.

Speak with an attorney.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.