Skip to main content

State of IL put a lien on my bank account, I am unemployed and had enough money to pay rent and eat? Can I file a complaint to g

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Lien

In addition It was suggested by Illinois Child Support that I file a motion and go in front of a judge and request a reduction 3 times in Chicago I was ignored and denied a reduction even though I provided proof of being unemployed.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You could stop the lien, free up your bank account, and pay back the child support in a Chapter 13. It would be much simpler than the course you are on now. You would however have to have a source of income.

    I would be happy to discuss this matter with you.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics