State of FL, What does this court notice mean?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

Received court notice for Competency placement hearing, conditional release review hearing and violation of conditional release hearing. What do these terms mean? My paper also says Amended notice/amended as to dates.

1. Barbara Billiot Stage

Pro

1

Answered . This means the hearing dates in the original notices have been changed and there are new hearing dates to determine competency (I'm assuming competency to stand trial) and if there has been a violation of the conditional release.

You need an attorney immediately if you do not already have one.

2. Jeffrey Huntley Garland

Pro

1

Answered . "Amended" means that something about the hearing has changed, such as the date, or the judge, or the location, or the contents of the motion. "Conditional release review" seems to mean that someone is either on conditional release or is being considered for it. It could simply be a review to see how the person is doing or an attempt to get the person into a more or less restrictive situation. For some this could mean release from jail; for others it could mean placement into a state hospital; or it could mean anything in between. I urge you to discuss this with your lawyer. if you don't have one yet, you need to retain one ASAP.

3. Matthew Phillip Konecky

Pro

Answered . Without looking at the actual notice, it would be difficult to explain what it means. You should consult an attorney in your area. Review my website to see if it answers any questions you may have.