State action removed to federal court. How about the answering deadline?

Asked 9 months ago - Sunnyvale, CA

I am a defendant in a state action. The co-defendant has removed the state action to federal court based on all defendants' consent. I had already submitted my demurrer to that state action. So, do I have to submit Motion to Dismiss for the new federal action? Do I get 30 days to submit that Motion to Dismiss from the date of Notice To Remove? Thanks.

1. John Noah Kitta

Pro

Answered . You need to immediately find and experienced attorney who is very familiar with Federal rules of civil procedure. Move quickly; so you can give your legal counsel reasonable time to take the necessary action.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . Please talk to a civil litigation attorney about this situation. I cannot imagine sending anyone I know to a federal proceeding with counsel!!