Standard AB Trust (all funds are from stock investment and savings, no property).

North Hollywood, CA |

-Grandparents have Standard AB Trust (all $ from stock investment & savings,no property) -Grandma dies & trust is split. Her irrevocable trust w/ 750k & my grandpas trust w/ 720k. - Grandpa now passed away -Statement from his stock broker w/ assets totaling 1.2M Is it common for my grandmothers irrevocable trust to have been fully funded w/ the 750k when she died, or could her 750k be part of the 1.2M & the left over would go to my grandpas beneficiaries? I know there are many possibilities Im just trying to see what would be most common. I would assume that it would have been easier for my grandpa to sell off stock or just place 750k in her trust at the time of her death so that her beneficiaries would be guaranteed their part, & assuming that, the 1.2M would all belong to his trust

1. The split is dictated by the terms of the trust and the actions of the trustee within certain time lines.
    It would be best for your attorney to review everything and spend time with you advising what actions
    were taken.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

2. There is no "most common" situation. You should have an attorney review your particular situation if you have questions.

3. Much more information is needed to figure out what your question is or if it even matters. Specifically, the dates of death are important. that said, it would make sense for grandma's share to be fully funded, as it appears to have been, to take advantage of the tax savings. Grandpa's share obviously did quite well since it grew to 1.2M, but if he died recently, none of the growth, funding, etc. will probably matter. Hopefully your family has an experienced trust administration attorney and CPA to help you through the distribution so that there are no tax consequences.

4. "Could her 750k be part of the 1.2M & the left over would go to my grandpas beneficiaries?" Yes, that result is possible. It is also possible that some other distribution is mandated by the terms of trust. You have asked a very similar question recently. You will not get any better answers unless and until an attorney is able to review the terms of trust and all the facts. You previously mentioned that an attorney is involved. This is a question you should ask that attorney. Or, alternatively, retain your own counsel for advice and representation. Good luck.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. <br> <br> I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice and counsel. See, also, Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br>

Estate planning topics