SSD and reporting Trust inheritance.

Asked over 4 years ago - Panama City, FL

I know of a Trustee that has benefited significantly while Trustee of an estate. The Trustee went through nearly 140,000 or more of assets and is receiving SSD. What is the law in reporting inheritance monies while receiving SSD? What about IRS? I suspect fraud in this situation and would like some answers. Thank You!

1. Bert Z. Tigerman

Answered . If you are a beneficiary of the trust you have the right to an accounting. If you are not, then you have no standing to do anything. It is up to the beneficiaries to question the actions of the trustee.

DISCLAIMER: The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship or any right of confidentiality between you and the responding attorney. These responses are intended only to provide general information about perceived legal issues within the question. Each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer is not a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction and who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances