SS disability- the administration is doing illegal things in my case! Ms. Sinclair-

Asked over 1 year ago - Lindenhurst, NY

Thank you for your gracious answers. I appreciate it. But in one of your statements does not make sense. It's very contradictory. The admin. judge declared me disabled and your still saying I have not proved the definition of disability? They are doing illegal things the SS administration! You wait for the government to help you and all they do is destroy you!!

1. Brian S Wayson

6

Best Answer

Answered . In my opinion you should get an attorney as early in the process as possible as there is no fee unless you are awarded benefits (contingency) and the fees are set by Social Security law and would be the same regardless if you hire the attorney the week before your hearing or the day you applied originally.

Search here on Avvo, contact your local or state bar association, or check with NOSSCR or NADR to find a Social Security attorney in your area. Look for one offering a free no-obligation initial consultation (most do) then meet with one or more and sign up with somebody with whom you are comfortable working. NOSSCR Lawyer Referral Service - For help in finding attorney representation, contact its lawyer referral service during Eastern business hours: 800-431-2804 or see: http://www.nosscr.org/referral.html . NADR - Find a Representative - telephone the automated system at 1-800-747-6131 or see: http://www.nadr.org/find-a-representative/ .

2. Paula Brown Sinclair

5

1

Answered . It is inappropriate to call out an Avvo attorney by name, so I will be grateful for your stopping.

The government is not doing anything illegal in your case. When a person has a condition that worsens over time, a decision must be made about the date at which the evidence shows the claimant's condition met the definition of disability. This is called the disability onset date. If the ALJ found that your condition finally met the definition of disability as of a date that was later than your date last insured, you are not entitled to benefits. That is the law.

Best wishes for a better understanding of the decision in your case.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Andrew W. Norfleet

Pro

4

1

Answered . Attorney Wayson is correct. If there are issues that need to be examined in your case, you need to contact an attorney in your area as soon as possible. While the attorneys on Avvo try to provide helpful information to anyone asking a question, as Attorney Sinclair did, this is not the place to discuss the specifics of your case.

Please contact an attorney in your area as soon as possible - I am sorry that this has been a frustrating process for you.