Spouse was in single accident. Hospital never notified next of kin or anyone. Spouse was airlifted to another hospital.

Fayetteville, NC |

spouse in single motorcycle accident. He was airlifted to another hospital for trauma. No one was notified. He went in the hospital as a John Doe and 30 minutes later he had a name and DOB. He lay in the hospital for 4 days still no one was notified. His bike was taken to a storage facility and the state patrol never notified anyone as well. I found my husband by calling the local police dept. and the local hospital. What are my options. I reported this to patient relations and was blown off. He was later sent to a rehab facility where I was told he went in as a 2 and would be released as an 8. Which means he would be able to do some things for himself. My husband has to have 24 hour care and was sent home after rehab and was taken back to hospital with pneumonia.

Unfortunately, the hospital does not have an obligation to notify the next of kin. This is not actionable against the hospital.

Did your husband had no ID on him or any way to contact you? Even so I do not see this as having the damages worthy of a lawsuit as they are under no formal obligation to contact anyone, especially if they have no way to do so.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Did he lose control or did someone hit him? The insurance coverage situation should be reviewed.

Recommended articles about Personal injury