Spouse signed answer and waiver for uncontested divorce but the court still sent her a notice of hearing in Florida?

Lake Worth, FL |

filed an uncontested divorce with answer and waiver here in palm beach because spouse doesn't want to show up to court, we both have agreed on everything. Today we got the notice of hearing but she was also sent a copy does that mean we both still have to show up to court?

1. If the Answer and Waiver form your Wife signed waives her appearance at the Final Hearing, then no.

2. She does not have to appear. Most courts will send a Notice to both parties regardless of whether a waiver wa ssigned or not.

3. No, only one party needs to attend a Final Judgment hearing to finalize the divorce.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. Longwell Lawyers

4. I agree-only one has to show up at hearing.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.