Spouse's right against husband who took out money of joint bank account

Asked over 5 years ago - San Francisco, CA

My husband started his own account and took all the money out of Our joint account. Our Mortgage has bounced and We are overdrawn. The Car payment has not been paid. What should I do? I am a stay at home Mom.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ronald Anthony Sarno

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . He is either in debt or has a new girlfriend. You need to understand that he is beyond reasoning now. You need to see a lawyer, and move to have your support and home taken care of. Do you need child support?
    You need an order from the court requiring him to pay the mortgage and other expenses.
    Your state may require him to pay the expenses of your lawyer since you are not a wage earner.
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,921 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,921 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering