Spouse's bf called the law on me from trying to see my daughter whom they abducted from me and my son.

Asked 10 months ago - Summerville, SC

He threatens to kill me in front of my daughter. What do I do in regards to his threat in front of my child? Second , Who is he to make false allocations of kidnapping TO THE LAW, when its my child I have been trying to find and regain custody, as me and my wife are still married. What kind of world do we live in when the cops believe a stranger that been helping my wife hide my little girl. Sick! Needless to say another day cops allowed them to run away with my child again, when I have custody.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John A. Jackson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do you have a court order that gives you custody? If not then under the law your spouse has as much right to custody of your daughter as you do. If you do not have a court order giving you custody then you need to get one. If you have a court order and she is violating it you must file for a rule to show cause. If you think that your child is in danger maybe you can motion the court for a emergency ex parte hearing. Good luck.

    This response is for informational purposes only and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on any... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,663 answers this week

2,850 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,663 answers this week

2,850 attorneys answering