Spouse remarried in NJ. never got divorce papers.doesn't answer my letters requesting divorce papers. No record in NY/NJ

Asked 5 months ago - Yonkers, NY

I can't get him to answer and send me divorce papers; investigator didn't locate any record in NY or NJ. He married in Peru. What do I do to get my divorce legal.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Did you ever sign divorce papers? If you are divorced you should be able to get the judgment in the court where the case was file. Unless you got divorced, you spouce is likely guilty of bigomy and can be arrested.

2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

1

Answered . The first thing to do is find out if you already are divorced...and, if so, where and when that took place. Then you can determine whether you need to actually make any filings.

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

Answered . You should commence your own divorce case. If you have no evidence he got divorced, then start your own & get him served. Unless he answers your divorce complaint by producing a valid judgment of divorce received elsewhere, then you may proceed with yours. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.