Spousal support and marriage duration..

Albany, NY |

my soon to be ex b..is hiding her assets and resigned her job to eat and sleep out of my earnings. we are married for 3 years and the judge ordered 1.5 years spousal support. she gave up her work visa and staying here on visit visa. is she eligible for more than half of our marriage duration spousal support...she could just tell the court she doesn't have status to work and can enjoy my earnings shamelessly...aimless creature..

There doesn't seem to be a question here.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

in a marriage of 3 years, she's granted 1.5 years spousal support. can she get extended support if she proves she has no income.

Speak to a local lawyer, if your ex lied in court then you may have the basis to reopen the case.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

It is a shame as you said. However, it will probably cost more to try to do something about your situation that it will just to live with it and move on.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.