Sponsoring husband

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I hold a green card. I dont started any papers. If my husband when I start the paper can come at this time to the U.S. on the visa workers?

I think your question is…. Can your husband travel to US as a visitor, if you file a petition for your husband as a green card holder?

As a green card holder you may file for your husband, however I agree with other attorneys it will take years for the visa to become available. Are you eligible to apply for citizenship? If you are, I suggest you do, because if you file for your husband as a US citizen the process is about one year and he will be here quickly. However, in either event his entry as a visitor is not guaranteed when you have a Relative Petition filed with USCIS. It is discretionary at the port of entry. If you do file and he travels to U, may I suggest full disclosure of the pending Application. Good Luck. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please be advised that this answer does not imply creation of an attorney-client relationship.

Inara Khashmati, Esq.

Law Office of Lyaman F. Khashmati, P.C.
69-06 Grand Avenue
Maspeth , New York 11378
Telephone: 516-717-4757
Fax: 718-803-9764
E-Mail: ik@khashmatilaw.com

Your question is not clear. You can sponsor your spouse for a a green card , but it will take 3-7 years for a visa to become available . If you become a citizen. This will be much faster

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

I agree with Mr. Fleischer here. First, I am not clear what it is you are asking. I would wait until I became a citizen and then sponsor my spouse. If you are asking whether or not your husband can travel to the United States to work during the period between now and when you petition for him, the answer is maybe. If an employer is filing for his H-1 or L-1 visa than the answer is theoretically "yes" since both allow for both immigrant and nonimmigrant intent. Perhaps you should retain an experienced immigration attorney to review yours and your husband's present options. Good luck!

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
398 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
dkny430@aol.com
718 622 1208
This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship