Sponsoring a Canadian Citizen

Alexandria, VA |

I am a U.S. permanent resident and my fiancé is a Canadian citizen. She is on F-1 visa (Doctor of Chiropractic with a Masters degree-EB2-category). Is it better for us to file for I-130 (wife-petition) OR find an Employer that will sponsor her H1B visa and proceed to permanent residency? Is TN1 preferred than H1B? Would she be able to adjust status under TN1? Our goal is to stay together in the U.S. and for her being able to work.

You can get married and sponsor your fiancé. This may be the best option at this point. You should consult with an immigration lawyer individually to make the best decision. Many of us offer free consultation for marriage-based cases.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
1199 N Fairfax St., Ste 702
Alexandria, VA 22314
Tel: (703) 527-1779
Fax: (703) 778-0369
ismail@islawfirm.com
www.islawfirm.com

The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. The information provided is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. Any communication, including electronic mail, through this website may not be confidential or privileged. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney familiar with your circumstances and seek the advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based upon written descriptions of I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC’s experience. Every case is different and similar results may not be obtained in your case. I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC does not endorse or sponsor any links from this website to other websites and has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for their contents.

If you are planning on getting married it would be the best and fastest option. Hire an attorney to assist you in this process to make sure everything is done correctly to avoid any delays. Good luck!

You do what you want. I-130 in this category is current now so it will be much faster. You can file for AOS right the way.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You are asking this at the ideal time and can benefit from the current visa bulletin situation. Talk to an attorney for help. Bets Wishes
Lalita Haran
(317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.