Sponsor's Income for I-864

Houston, TX |

1 ) If a Sponsor's Household Member is working in Saudi Arabia and he can not submit " W - 2 " or " 1099 " , then what else he have to submit to prove his income ? 2 ) If he submit " Form 1040 " along with " Form 2555 - EX " for most recent tax year , then how should he prove that he is not required to pay tax on his Income ?

CORRECTION - "Form 2555-EZ" CORRECTION - "Form I-864A"

Sponsor must be residing in the USA and be USC or LPR. If he works in SA and does not pay income taxes here, s/he maybe in violation of US laws and cannot be a sponsor.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Sir. I said Sponsor's Household Member (husband) not Sponsor. Sponsor is in USA and she is home maker. He didn't pay tax because he submit Form 2555-EZ (Foreign Income Exclusion) and he have $95300 exclusion.

An I-864 sponsor must reside in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law