Spoke with adverse insurance carrier, may have given inaccurate statement

Asheville, NC |

Spoke with adverse insurance carrier, may have given partially inaccurate statement. I didnt know it wasnt advisable to speak with other parties adjuster. I was just trying to do the right thing. But what done is done. Anyway police reports states accident not my fault. But I am wondering if an attorney could help with this situation. My insurance fortunately paid my vehicle off. I now owe 0 on a total loss over 7k damage. I suffered just muscle aches and soreness, that is now being treated. Have lost time from work, and suffer other inconveniences, personal injury, etc. Is an attorney advisable for me to have ?

I meant to say the adverse party insurance adjuster, giving a recorded statement. I guess at the time, I thought I was fine, but I guess I wasnt. my insurance decided to pay off my vehicle. and there is even a little left over. Car pay off was sent directly to the lien holder. what was left over is still waiting at my local branch for me to sign and pick it up. I dont plan doing that until all this is done with. And the adverse carrier as well as my carrier claim they were waiting on the police report to be issued. My attorney has forwarded that information to them,,, now its just a waiting game i suppose. So many issues over things other people cause to happen. Thats life I guess

1. Yes, you should line up a personal injury attorney. Unless you signed off on a Release, you have not waived any of your legal rights. While it is always best to speak to an attorney before giving a statement, I hope that an attorney will be able to take on your case and get you the compensation and result that you deserve.

2. That's frankly not that uncommon.

My wife recently was involved in a minor fender-bender and the insurance carrier for the "adverse" side called and pressured for a recorded statement. It made even her nervous. . .and I had warned her in advance.

More information would be helpful regarding "paying off the vehicle" and the specifics of where the case is regarding presentation of a claim. As you may have read in a prior posting, one should not sign any documents releasing liability until understanding the legal implications of such materials.

Coverage of the property claim prior to an injuries settlement is both proper and normal. Although not absolute, cars tend to get repaired faster than bodies.

Having said that, you would likely benefit in speaking with an attorney experienced handling such matters. Even a minor, muscle related injury can take time to heal and unfortunately result in medical expenses, days lost at work, etc.

It can get confusing, especially when different insurance companies call. "Esquire," as attorneys are known, comes from the Latin word meaning "shield-bearer, guardsman." They protect their clients.

Call an attorney now. In many instances the consultation is both free and confidential.

NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and is specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background. NOTE: There may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. Readers should not base any decision on the;information provided herein and are specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background WHY: The content herein is provided for educational purposes and should not be inferred as applying only to DWI / DUI criminal defense. In fact, it may be equally relevant to claims of personal injury involving accidents and the consumption of alcohol or more simply, to the daily practice of law. Bill Powers lectures on such issues on a regular basis with the intent to educate, to be fair, to be accurate and to encourage, open, honest and scientific discussion on the subject. Attorney Bill Powers did NOT represent the Defendant in the particular cause of action.

3. This is why you need to retain a NC personal injury attorney to be a mediary between you and the insurance company.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

4. At my firm I advise potential clients not to give these insurance company statements before hiring an attorney. There are many reasons. At this point you should definitely retain a personal injury litigation attorney in your area. Please see my article "Ten Ways to Make Your Good Case Better" at http://www.855kevin11.com/blog/?p=38.