Spoke with adverse insurance carrier, may have given inaccurate statement

Asked about 2 years ago - Asheville, NC

Spoke with adverse insurance carrier, may have given partially inaccurate statement. I didnt know it wasnt advisable to speak with other parties adjuster. I was just trying to do the right thing. But what done is done. Anyway police reports states accident not my fault. But I am wondering if an attorney could help with this situation. My insurance fortunately paid my vehicle off. I now owe 0 on a total loss over 7k damage. I suffered just muscle aches and soreness, that is now being treated. Have lost time from work, and suffer other inconveniences, personal injury, etc. Is an attorney advisable for me to have ?

I meant to say the adverse party insurance adjuster, giving a recorded statement. I guess at the time, I thought I was fine, but I guess I wasnt. my insurance decided to pay off my vehicle. and there is even a little left over. Car pay off was sent directly to the lien holder. what was left over is still waiting at my local branch for me to sign and pick it up. I dont plan doing that until all this is done with. And the adverse carrier as well as my carrier claim they were waiting on the police report to be issued. My attorney has forwarded that information to them,,, now its just a waiting game i suppose. So many issues over things other people cause to happen. Thats life I guess

1. F. "Bill" William Powers

7

1

Answered . That's frankly not that uncommon.

My wife recently was involved in a minor fender-bender and the insurance carrier for the "adverse" side called and pressured for a recorded statement. It made even her nervous. . .and I had warned her in advance.

More information would be helpful regarding "paying off the vehicle" and the specifics of where the case is regarding presentation of a claim. As you may have read in a prior posting, one should not sign any documents releasing liability until understanding the legal implications of such materials.

Coverage of the property claim prior to an injuries settlement is both proper and normal. Although not absolute, cars tend to get repaired faster than bodies.

Having said that, you would likely benefit in speaking with an attorney experienced handling such matters. Even a minor, muscle related injury can take time to heal and unfortunately result in medical expenses, days lost at work, etc.

It can get confusing, especially when different insurance companies call. "Esquire," as attorneys are known, comes from the Latin word meaning "shield-bearer, guardsman." They protect their clients.

Call an attorney now. In many instances the consultation is both free and confidential.

2. David Alan Wolf

8

Answered . Yes, you should line up a personal injury attorney. Unless you signed off on a Release, you have not waived any of your legal rights. While it is always best to speak to an attorney before giving a statement, I hope that an attorney will be able to take on your case and get you the compensation and result that you deserve.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

7

Answered . This is why you need to retain a NC personal injury attorney to be a mediary between you and the insurance company.

4. Kevin B Sciantarelli

2

Answered . At my firm I advise potential clients not to give these insurance company statements before hiring an attorney. There are many reasons. At this point you should definitely retain a personal injury litigation attorney in your area. Please see my article "Ten Ways to Make Your Good Case Better" at http://www.855kevin11.com/blog/?p=38.