Splitting rent the other person had trouble paying is half he cut out i payed my monthly rent. served with 45 day notice. .

Asked 7 months ago - Kaneohe, HI

found out that other tenant owed landlord money and signed a promissory note to pay his bill. so he didn't pay ll. that same month Ll tells me to look for another roommate so that I don't have to move. next month I tell LL i haven 't found anyone yet I'm still interviewing I find someone on the 23rd LL says no she wants me out at the end of the month Novmber and threatens me with legal action. . . .In mid December a 5 day notice to vacate, and says she will sue me as a hold over tenant. She calls my work to tell them i not paying the rent i haven't payed for Oct, Nov and That month of december. payed for Oct she said 2 save Nov..Questionv Is The original contract with my 1st roommate hold me to contract if their was a new agreement when 2nd rate moved in. with LL acknowledgment

1. Craig Anthony De Costa

1

1

Answered . If you have a rental agreement, you are bound by its terms. If it is a standard agreement, the landlord can give you 45 days notice of termination without any specific reason and a 5 day notice for failure to pay rent. No one will force you to move out until court action is taken by the landlord. However, then you may be liable for the landlord's attorney's fees and court costs.

2. Barbara Lee Franklin

1

Answered . You have not provided enough specific information, nor do I understand your concern. Please see and attorney with copies of all the documents that you described. It might work for you to write out your concern and have someone edit it for grammar and punctuation in order to make it understandable. The bottom line is that the rent is owed to the landlord and you have to figure out who owes how much.