Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted & still having problems from surgeries...What should I do?

Asked about 5 years ago - Muskogee, OK

I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted over 4 months ago. The first problem I had after the surgery was that I couldn't recharge my battery. I was sent a replacement charger & was still unable to charge my battery. After having an xray the Dr. discovered that my battery had flipped over. I had another surgery 2 months later to revise the battery & the surgeon said he stitched the battery in to place so it wouldn't move again. I keep having problems with the incision where the leads were put in & that incision was only opened once. I was having bleeding a little over a month ago & still have some drainage. I have had several people look at it & I have an open wound & the wires from the leads are showing. My Dr. has passed away since I have had the revision done. What should I do?

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I suggest that you obtain another surgeon to follow up with your care and make sure that everything is healing as it should be.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.