Skip to main content

Speeding ticket in Michigan

Royal Oak, MI |

Got a speeding ticket. Remarks on ticket are M/F/R 68 in and out of traffic. Ticket says “Speeding : 8-10 over (pay within 14 days $ 135.00/after &180 Speed 60/50 This was in Michigan on North Woodward. There were a lot of cars and I was in a pack of therm. If I took this to court what should I say and what are my chances of it being reduced?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Speak with a MI traffic ticket attorney about taking this to court.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


Best charge is to retain a local Traffic Ticket Attorney - usually inexpensive & woth the fee (increased insurance rates etc) Many offer free initial consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Hire an attorney. Good chance you can get this ticket lowered if you have a good driving record.

Kennedy Law Office, PLLC
Free Consultations

Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship has been established. Please contact an attorney about your legal rights. This answer is for educational purposes only.


Reductions depend on several factors. They include, but are not limited to, the jurisdicition, offense, your record and the way you treated the officer. I advise people that receive moving violations to retain a lawyer if they can.



Could I set up a court date. Tell the judge my side of the story and hopefully get it reduced ? Represent my self.

Glenn A. Saltsman

Glenn A. Saltsman


You should hire a lawyer. That said, if you want to represent yourself, you should call the court. Likely, you'll have two options; one will be a formal hearing where you will go before a magistrate. The ticket can be reduced or you may wind up just being found responsible for the offense. The other option is to set it for a formal hearing. First you will meet with the city attorney. The city attorney may offer you a reduction and maybe they won't. If you don't work out a "deal" and appear before the judge, you will have to present your case to the judge. The city attorney will have the officer testify. The odds are not in your favor.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer