Speeding ticket: going 72 in a 45. PA license, received ticket in NJ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

Received 4-98 speeding ticket in NJ (Washington Twp, County-Morris). I have a PA license and stay in Pittsburgh, PA. The NJMC website doesnt show how much point I have received. On the ticket the offense is 4-98. I am not sure if I will definetly get points. I had a clean driving history for last 4 years. If yes then can these points be removed from my record for safe driving habits.

1. Charles Laputka

Pro

1

Answered . You are looking at a minimum of 4 points if not more. You need to get a NJ lawyer to negotiate the ticket to less points. Be aware that the interstate compact makes points in NJ follow you to PA. Most things are same points in both states but some offenses are different points in each state. What you are stating is AT LEAST 4 points in PA.

2. Theodore H. Swan Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Laputka. Sound advice that you should follow to the "T".

3. Robert C. Keller

Answered . Since the offense occurred in NJ you should direct your question to a NJ attorney. Additionally, to avoid points, you should retain a NJ traffic attorney for the hearing. Good luck.