Speeding over 40 mph on expressway?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I was recently pulled over for supposedly doing 96 in a 55, however I was going around a truck on my way to work, what should i expect in court? I understand this is a class A crime.

This is also my first ticket ever.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . Since you are charged with 40+ over the speed limit, you could be in trouble. You are best served by hiring an experienced traffic attorney to get you the best possible outcome.

2. Ted Harvatin

Pro

3

Answered . That charge is not eligible for supervision. However, you may be able to work around it if you can get the state to amend the speed. Probably need a lawyer.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

1

Answered . You definitely need to hire an attorney in your area. Not only do speeding charges over 40 miles an hour carry major consequences against your driver's license and your insurance, they carry huge fines and even potential jail if convicted as charged. You need to have an advocate to argue facts for you in mitigation. Good luck

One or more answers have been taken down.