Skip to main content


Appleton, WI |

I was speeding (15mph over) and was pulled over on the freeway In Fond Du Lac county. I do not have my licence, my occupational licence, nor do I have the IID installed. I have my alcohol assessment coming up next week and wish to fully comply. Court date is June 17, 2013. I'm wondering what charges i'm potentially facing. I'm also not sure whether to just plead guilty and face the consequences or try to plead for a lesser sentencing. Licence was revoked because of a refusal. I only have the one owi and no other criminal charges.

Attorney Answers 3


You need some sound legal advice. Contact an attorney immediately to discuss you facts. They may be able to give you direction on how to help your situation.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


In Wisconsin, this would be considered a drunken driving related OAR (operating after revocation), even though it resulted from a refusal, which makes jail time a possibility, even on your first offense. You therefore need to be represented, since the consequences of the OAR are potentially even worse that those from the OWI first, for which you now appear to be starting your AODA (alcohol or other drug assessment). With some good advice and total abstinence from alcohol, the outcome does not have to "life changing." Please do not assume that I am your attorney because of my response here, but feel free to call my office in Racine (262-633-3090 or email for clarifications regarding my answer. Otherwise, under the rules of this website, I would not be taking any further action on your case. See me on the web at View my past answers at , or see an even larger collection of responses at, . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials.

My answer here does mean that I am representing you, so be sure to consult your own attorney before deciding on what you should do, or contact my office at 262-633-3090, 333 Main St, Racine, WI 53403, during business hours if you desire formal representation. See me on the web at, or view over 15 years of my previous answers at answers may contain advertising materials.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Both the OAR and failure to install charge are criminal charges. You need to get an attorney. If you can't afford one, start by contacting the public defender.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics