Skip to main content

Spanish (Spain) Citizen wants to move to USA... How?

San Jose, CA |

My best friend is from Romania, but she moved to Spain about 11 years ago. Now, she has a Spain Passport.

I read online that is much easier for a Spanish citizen to move to the United States. She wants to move here and get a Green Card. What is the easiest way? What should she do?

About how much would it cost?

Thank you so much for your help, it is very much appreciated!!
God bless,


+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


She needs to review the USCIS web site and read the section on obtaining a green card through employment and obtaining a green card through family. After she has done the review, she should contact an experienced immigration attorney who can examine her immigration, employment, and education history and provide a legal opinion as to what immigration benefits she may qualify for under current law. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


She is welcome to read website for the ways to gain residency in America.
She may also wish to contact an immigration lawyer for a discussion if she still has concerns.



In order to obtain permanent residency, she would have to be sponsored by an employer or eligible family member as detailed on the uscis web site. A U.S. immigration attorney would be best to go over these options with her.


Immigrating to the United States is either family or employment based. The exception is the visa lottery. Talking to an experienced immigration attorney will provide you with a possible road map. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There are many ways to migrate to the United States. Which one will be best for your friend will depend upon the specific facts of her case. She should consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can discuss the options available to her and recommend a course of action. Click on the link below for some general information.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer