Southwest Airlines removed my child's car seat off airplane.

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

While traveling with my children, upon arrival, the gate agent removed my child's car seat before all passengers deplaned, sent it to lost and found, and told me that I could not retrieve it until the following day. I was left in the airport with no legal or safe way to transport my child from the airport at nearly midnight. I'm a single mother traveling across the country, and was left stranded. Company as a whole was of no help and instead defended the actions of the employee who was clearly working outside protocol. Do I have a case?

1. Adrienne Patricia Allen

8

Answered . I don't think you have a case. You must have damages to have a case. Although inconvenient and frustrating, these are not damages for a legal case. You can write to the airlines and see if they will give you credit for another flight etc, since they do not want bad publicity. Good luck to you.

2. Malosack Berjis

7

Answered . I agree with Mr. Camassar. What that gate agent did to you is just awful. But, unless you or your child suffered some kind of damages, there really isn't much you can sue for.

Pro

8

Answered . No, but if you write the company a harsh letter, they may compensate you with a free airline ticket.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Christine C McCall

Pro

5

Answered . Sorry, in the annals of horrifying airline behavior over the past decade, this tale runs way back in the pack.

5. Scott Douglas Camassar

6

Answered . Sounds like a frustrating and upsetting situation but I'm not sure what you would sue for if you or your child weren't injured.

6. Vladimir M. Gorokhovsky

4

Answered . Was it an international or domestic flight? Depending upon additional and very particular factual circumstances, you may have some relief available to you via grievance procedures set forth by DOT. You can contact my office at (414)-581-1582 and I will explain to you your possible options. Regards.

7. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with other counsel the best solution is to write a concerned but business like letter to the airline.