Southwest Airlines removed my child's car seat off airplane.

While traveling with my children, upon arrival, the gate agent removed my child's car seat before all passengers deplaned, sent it to lost and found, and told me that I could not retrieve it until the following day. I was left in the airport with no legal or safe way to transport my child from the airport at nearly midnight. I'm a single mother traveling across the country, and was left stranded. Company as a whole was of no help and instead defended the actions of the employee who was clearly working outside protocol. Do I have a case?

Sounds like a frustrating and upsetting situation but I'm not sure what you would sue for if you or your child weren't injured.

I don't think you have a case. You must have damages to have a case. Although inconvenient and frustrating, these are not damages for a legal case. You can write to the airlines and see if they will give you credit for another flight etc, since they do not want bad publicity. Good luck to you.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

I agree with Mr. Camassar. What that gate agent did to you is just awful. But, unless you or your child suffered some kind of damages, there really isn't much you can sue for.

No, but if you write the company a harsh letter, they may compensate you with a free airline ticket.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Sorry, in the annals of horrifying airline behavior over the past decade, this tale runs way back in the pack.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Can you clarify "back in the pack." I'm hoping you're not referring to a particular college reference.

Was it an international or domestic flight? Depending upon additional and very particular factual circumstances, you may have some relief available to you via grievance procedures set forth by DOT. You can contact my office at (414)-581-1582 and I will explain to you your possible options. Regards.

I agree with other counsel the best solution is to write a concerned but business like letter to the airline.